In the Real Estate Investment Network’s new Top Ontario Investment Towns Report for 2011-2015, Barrie has once again come in as the #3 town (alongside Orillia). Last week, I had the opportunity to interview Shannon Murree who is an investment focused Realtor in the Barrie area. In this brief (3min 40sec) Shannon shares her local expertise by covering the following:
- What’s going on in Barrie?
- What’s going on with the GO Train?
- What are the best investment areas?
- Which areas should investors stay away from?
If time is a constraint for you, I’ve also summarized some of the key points below the video.
Direct Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_t8l5lQZ7dk
Here are a few facts from my interview with Shannon which anyone interested in learning more about investing in Barrie will find useful.
What’s going on in Barrie?
- Park Place – one of Canada’s first “open air” mixed use centres
- New malls & retail in development
- Expanding student residences
- Royal Victoria Hospital (RVH) expansion
- Laurentian@Georgian partnership
What’s going on with the GO Train?
- Currently resurfacing the stage of the Allendale GO station
- Recent GO Train improvements have already had a positive impact
What are the best areas for investment in Barrie?
- Freehold properties or downtown waterfront condos are some of the preferred property types for Barrie investors
- Great income properties exist all across the city depending on what tenant profile investors wish to target
What areas should investors stay away from?
- There are bad pockets scattered throughout Barrie so it is important to work with a geographic specialist
If you enjoyed this post, get free updates by email or RSS.