April 19th, 2010… a day that will live in infamy. Well not quite, but it did introduce some pretty punitive mortgage changes (at least as far as investors were concerned).
Key Changes Over the Past 3 Years
Back in April 2010 investors lost the ability to purchase non-owner occupied properties at with 95% 1st mortgages. It’s still possible to finance investment purchase with less than 20% down, but generally not at the type of rates we were able to get back then (eg. Prime -0.7%). With leverage being one of the primary advantages to investing in real estate, this change really slowed down the acquisition rate for many small investors, myself included.
Another key change at this time was…
Visit the Ownership Solutions Rent to Own Investor Blog for the full article:
Photo Credit: http://tothepointwithbozic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/new-mortgage-rules-canada.jpg
On February 6th, 2013 I will be speaking again at the Real Estate Investments Club and wanted to invite you to see my presentation and learn more about Rent to Own. In this presentation I’ll be covering the following:
- What Rent to Own Is
- The 3 Major Types of Rent to Own
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Rent to Own Investing
- How You Can Safely Earn Double Digit Returns
- Real Life Rent to Own Examples
- How to Attract and Qualify Rent to Own Tenant-Buyers
- Planning for a Successful Exit Strategy
- How to Properly Structure the Legal Agreements
- The Importance of the “Win-Win” Philosophy
- 2 Ways and 2 Resources You Can Use to Get Started Today
If you are interested in boosting your cash flow or making your real estate investments more passive, you won’t want to miss this meeting.
You can see more details about the meeting and RSVP online at: http://www.meetup.com/Real-Estate-Investments-Club/events/100762052/